Sunday, December 26, 2010

January H2O

It's nearly 2011, a New Year and a new attitude is required! I am looking forward to setting new monthly challenges and January's challenge has already been set!

Challenge number one! The challenge for the month of January is to drink nothing but water! This idea came about after a conversation with my workmates. I returned from a few days off and they informed me of this challenge. But they also said that they didn't expect anyone to complete it successfully. But I plan to prove them wrong!

December was a disaster in regards to eating and drinking the wrong foods. The fact that there were multiple Christmas parties to attend is no excuse. Exercise took a back seat as I spent days recovering from one big night out after another.

No alcohol, no coffee, no soda's, just water! I do believe that my work colleagues will have a harder time with this challenge than I will as most of them consume at least 3 x cans of Coke or Diet Coke throughout the day!

I don't drink soda's at all so that's not going to be a problem. BUT I am a coffee addict. I LOVE my coffee in the morning. And I also love a latte mid morning when at work.

I know I will feel better after the initial shock of weaning myself of coffee. I gave up coffee a few years ago (I drank 7 - 8 cups a day then) I experienced the worst headaches for about a week then felt great. Why did I start drinking coffee again? I'm not really sure, but I do really enjoy it! At this stage I drink 2 x cups per day, sometimes 3 - 4 cups per day. Each day is different.

Alcohol may be a problem. My fella and I like nothing more than to go out for dinner and share a bottle of wine on our days off........

I already drink a lot of water so the taste of H2O is no problem for me. Does anyone have any suggestions for challenges for the rest of 2011?

I'm looking forward to a healthier, fitter and stronger 2011!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck with the H2O challenge, how about only eating things in the supermarket on the outside isles.....that eliminates all processed/manufactured items?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great one, and I already do that the majority of the time. I have also been teaching myself to cook from scratch using only fresh ingredients too! In fact I am hoping to have a fairly decent herb and vege garden to utilise soon.

    :)

    ReplyDelete