Friday, December 3, 2010

Boosting Energy Levels

What do you do to boost your energy levels? I am the typical stress puppy, things get me down very quickly. Combined with shift work, lack of sleep, a less than average diet (which I am working to improve) that I find myself in a very deep hole at times.

Finding motivation to exercise when I've had a rotten nights sleep and knowing that I need to work a 12 hour night shift is often enough to say "not today".

My energy levels are very low at the moment. I've been eating lots of fruit and vegetables, protein etc. I've actually been sleeping like the dead and waking up feeling like I've had no sleep at all. I've had issues in the past with low iron, so I've even started taking iron supplements again as well as my daily Berocca.

I really think that I've reached the end of my shift work quota. I've been working shift work for 16 years and I'm so sick of it! Plus I haven't had a real holiday for almost a year, you know, the one where you can sit and do absolutely NOTHING for a week and not feel guilty!

I've been exercising regularly on my days off, weight training, long walks, interval training and even a bicycle ride. And I'm suffering such terrible aches and pains which is unusual for me.

Does anyone have any hints on boosting energy levels?

No comments:

Post a Comment