Thursday, January 20, 2011

January H2O - The Half Way Mark!

So where am I at with my January H2O Challenge? Not bad, Not bad!

Let me just say that my resolve is much stronger than I expected. Out of the 8 or so people involved, only 3 of us remain. The first one dropped out after 4 days! He couldn't handle the head-ouches he was getting from the lack of caffeine from his coffee and diet coke!

I honestly thought I would cave and have coffee within the first week, but 20 days in, I can walk past a coffee chop and smell that yummy coffee and not think about grabbing one. I had head-ouches after a few days, but not as severe as I expected.

Last week I attended the cricket (Australia vs England) with the group I am doing the challenge with. Needless to say, all the guys decided it was a boozing day. (It was generally agreed that the cricket was one day where we COULD have a drink) I know, I could have refused, but I did end up having a few drinks that day. And you know what? I felt sooo bad. I felt guilty, I also ended up with the worst head-ouch I've had in a while. The next 2 days were hugely difficult to get any kind of motivation.

But I am back on track and determined to make it to the end of January with nothing but H2O coursing through my veins (along with that necessary red stuff of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment