Monday, June 14, 2010

Starting From Scratch

I've been ill for far too long. I have zero energy and every time my heart rate increases I have a nasty attack of the coughs to the point of throwing up! Not nice to hear, I know.

I am literally climbing the walls! As much as I can be as lazy as the next person when it comes to my health and fitness, I know that I always feel better after a workout, whether it be a jog, jumping rope or a body weight workout. Without my workouts, I get severely grumpy. Can you even imagine what I've been like to live with the last few weeks?

So I decided TODAY I was going to get back into it. I am starting to feel better physically. My clothes have gotten considerably tighter in the last six weeks, I know I HAVE to start working out again and taking care of my diet.

I was up early, I had things to do! First off some coffee, then a workout. Sadly it didn't turn out as expected :(

My coffee gave me the kick start I needed, as I was getting changed into my workout clothes and eying off "Brutus" (my kettlebell) I had another coughing attack. Now let me tell you, these are no normal coughing attacks, these ones leave me on my knees from practically passing out. I feel like I'm suffocating. They are so severe that I usually end up vomiting!

My stomach muscles are always sore, sometimes I think it's hunger pains but really, it feels like I've done about a million crunches! Painful.

So needless to say, the rest of the day has been spent feeling weak and sorry for myself (again)

Maybe tomorrow ......

2 comments:

  1. Hey!

    Does the coughing create a fuzzy or tickling feeling in your lungs? or is it more throat base?

    Hope it gets better sicko! (;

    Chris-

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just some weird cough that comes when it fells like it. I haven't had a sore throat at all until after an attack. It originated in my chest and seems to be heading back in that direction again :(

    ReplyDelete