Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Motivation: Where Do You Find Yours?

If you've been keeping up to date with my Blogs you might realise that I've been ill for about 2 months! Needless to say I've not exercised for that amount of time.

I'm now actually feeling ok. I've started working out again, but, let me tell you, finding the motivation to get back on that bandwagon has been particularly difficult.

I blame a number of reasons:

I HATE Winter like you could never even understand. I have never been a cold weather person. Then I worked on the cruise ships for 4 years, followed by living in the Caribbean for 2 more years. So needless to say, I lived in the tropics for 6 years and loved every damn well moment of it and miss it like you cannot possibly understand; unless you've lived a similar lifestyle!

My motivation is sunshine and heat....... How about you?

Plus my motivation right now is seeing that I can no longer fit into my jeans or my work clothes and that depresses me! I have seriously wanted to workout but as I've been ill I've simply had no energy, felt like shit (excuse the language) and all I've wanted to do is sleep!

I wanted to go to the Post Office the other day and decided I would walk it. More exercise than I've done in ages. In actual fact, I jogged most of the way there and most of the way back. There was no coughing/vomiting, so I took that as a step forward! I felt amazing!

Yesterday was my first real day of working out. I am a HUGE fan of the website Bodyrock.tv I've been following Zuzana and Frederick for more than 6 months now. I was pleasantly surprised with the results I was getting. Then, of course I got sick!

So, I am now back into it! Mind you, I will "try" and take it slowly. Those of you who know me will know that I don't do things by halves....... so I am trying to ease myself in slowly.......

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of Bodyrock too. Every time I get in the habit of working out 4 or 5 times a week consistently, something happens and I can't work out for a week or two.

    Like you, I've been sick (although only for a couple of weeks) and now I have a wrist injury which is killing me. There's always something.

    I know these are just excuses though and I have to push through any problems but sometimes it's tough to be motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea,
    I wouldn't call a wrist injury an excuse. That would certainly make things difficult and depressing! I have a permanently dodgy wrist, push ups can hurt like hell, but I use push up handles which seems to help my problem.

    I hope you're feeling better soon. I certainly found it very depressing to be out of action for so long. I am so glad to be back into it again, although a bit sore :)

    Dee

    ReplyDelete