Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Back Into It, But Still Needing Motivation..... Help Me!

So I figured the only way I can be accountable for my workouts is to Blog about them. I may not blog on a daily basis but I will attempt to Blog about each workout every few days!

As you may realise, I've been ill for a significant amount of time. I HATE being sick, it SHITS me no end...... Yes, I feel like crap, but I really hate that I have no energy.... I find myself eating crap and just can't get motivated to get back into the fitness thing!

So I made a start a few days back and I felt that I should document it, more for myself really..... But I welcome your comments!

Day 1 Fri 18th
Brutus Workout....

Brutus is my Kettlebell, who I do love and hate at the same time! I did a Tabata style workout with Brutus. 20 seconds intensity followed by 10 seconds of rest for 5 minutes. This was about all I could handle.....

1. Kettlebell Swings
2. Squat with One Arm Press (Left Arm)
3. Squat with One Arm Press (Right Arm)
4. Kettlebell Swings
5. Lunge (Left Leg)
6. Lunge (Right Leg)
7. Left Arm Kettlebell Swings
8. Right Arm Kettlebell Swings
9. Kettlebell Crunches with Overhead
10.Kettlebell Swings.

I gotta say, I was in a sweat at the end of all this...... and had a bit of trouble walking the next day!

Day 2, Sat 19th
Jogged to the Post Office and Back. Just a gentle jog, but still managed to get a sweat up. Felt great. The went back to bed to prepare for my next 2 night shits!

Day 3, Sun 20th was a rest day as I'd done a 12 hour shift (night shift) followed by another 12 hour night shift.......

Day 4, Mon 21st
Another Tabata workout incorporating skipping rope with other body weight workouts! 20 seconds high intensity with 10 seconds rest.

Round 1 (5 Minutes)
Jump Rope
Push Ups/Reverse Pushups

Round 2 (5 Minutes)
Jump Rope
Single Leg Squats with Jump Up (Alternating Legs)

Round 3 (5 Minutes)
Jump Rope
Side Tricep Raise (Alternating Sides)

Day 5 Tues 22nd
Tabata workout incorporating Jumping rope and Body Weight Workouts.....

Round 1 (5 Minutes)
Jump Rope
Lunge with 5kg weight (Alternating Sides)

Round 2 (5 Minutes)
Jump Rope
Side Raises (Alternating Sides)

Round 3
Jump Rope
Crunches or Plank

So far, so good. I still need some motivation. Thankfully my fella came to the gym with me the last two days. Just the motivation I needed was someone to give me a kick up the butt to get me out there!

3 comments:

  1. Thumbs up ! That's a way to go and keep it up.
    Great job

    I personally have a workout diary where I can write down whatever exercise I do.
    This help me focus on my plan and stick to it. I only write down what is done so exit the procrastination. Results, results, results.

    Keep it up!

    Today for me is spinning, Yoga and sleep at 10pm.
    And tomorrow morning I have a 5am meeting with my friend for going ridding bike before work.

    Great time is always going along with sport

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Flower, sadly it seems it's going to be along process but I am persevering. Was having withdrawals the last few days not being able to get onto Bodyrock.tv I think the site was down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, site was down.
    But you still have the Youtube channel Charliejames1975.
    I personally took this opportunity to re do some workouts and try to beat my personal best.
    BTW I know you might need different kind of workout, as I myself sometimes get the need to do something else. For those time, when I am not spinning or running I do those workouts :http://action.tracyandersonmethod.com/page/s/ironman2
    Hope you'll like them as much as I do.
    Cheers up!

    ReplyDelete