Sunday, July 11, 2010

Finally, Coming Out The Other Side.....

I finally feel like I've made some progress in getting well. I have been sick for about 3 months and this time off from my fitness regime has really taken its toll! I have taken far too many days off work, in fact I've used up all my sick leave and even had to dip into my Annual Leave. This is not good as I didn't have too much of that available either :(

I've been on four rounds of antibiotics, I've suffered from allergic reactions, kidney infection and loss of appetite. My last dosage of my current antibiotics is today, thank god coz this round made everything taste like crap! And gave me horrible tummy ache.

I'm still coughing up a lung but at least I never suffered from a sore throat. But the loss of energy and motivation is a huge factor. How do I get back into it? Where do I start without having some kind of relapse?

Just the thought of walking to the corner shop makes me break out into a cold sweat. For the past few weeks I've been having to go back to bed in the afternoons for a nana nap. I never expected to feel that weak!

So I am finally having some happy thoughts. Even though I also took today off work, I think I have finally come out the other side. I am feeling a little more energised and even found the motivation to shave my legs :)

My poor fella has seen the absolute worst of me and I am so thankful that he has been there every step of the way with Vix in hand, and a box of tissues and a hug for my weepy moments. He is the BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment