Sunday, May 30, 2010

Getting Back Into It After Illness

I've been sick with a chest infection for almost 3 weeks now. I finally went to the Doctor yesterday and he basically said "rest, NO exercise and lots of sleep". Duh!



In the lead up to getting sick I rarely went a night without waking up multiple times. I wasn't sleeping much more than 3 hours most nights. I was exhausted and very grumpy! Since being sick I've been sleeping day and night. Maybe my body is trying to catch up. The only problem was that I would wake myself up with my coughing, often very painful coughing. The kind where I could not take a breath between. Ugh!

As I haven't done a workout in so long I am feeling really crap. I can't wait to get back into it but how do I do that without overdoing it? I've never been someone who can take it easy when working out, probably why I often injure myself.

I suppose the only thing I can do is start off with some yoga, stretching and so forth until I feel stronger. God knows how long that will take. :(

5 comments:

  1. Hi !

    Take it as real chance to reset your system. You will have time to rebalance your body. So then you will be able to kick ass even better than before.
    There is always a new opportunity in each situation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly hope so Flower. I was feeling better but have had a bit of a relapse, going back to the doc today. I want to get rid of this thing once and for all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ozzie !
    It is time to get on your boots ! Come on.

    There is a time for everything. Now it is time for each of us to enjoy. I had a long rest/depression after I had my operation.
    You also had your time to get back.
    Now I am back for 2 weeks I have been working on regular basis. Doing each single Zuzana workout. I also have been running.

    I know how hard it is specially the first days. But you know it is part of the game between your body and your mind.
    Your body has the power to set your mind. It set it when you are tired but also when you exercise.
    Only exercise can you make feel alive and glad to Be.
    So do not let it go.
    Tell me how you do. :))
    I won't let it go :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Flower, I aim to get back into it next week. By then I will have finished my medication and hopefully be feeling a whole lot better. I did attempt some push-ups yesterday, I could not believe how weak I felt! That was all I could handle.......

    Your encouragement means the world to me Flower and I won't be giving up.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see that you are still aware of the power in you. :)
    I wish you can rest a bit longer this week end. You need to consider that your mind might want to get back to old habits. Only your body isn't strong enough anymore.
    Take it easy.
    A lower intensity but longer workouts program is the best if you want to build muscles without damaging your health.
    I know I had to deal with the same issue thinking of what I used to do before injury and just wanting to get it back. There's no high speed way on building back muscles. So take your time and be regular first week workout 1day out of 2, then increase progressively . After only you will include high power high intensity workout for a stronger body :D

    But I am sure you are aware of your body and you will make the right choices for diving your strength mind and body at the highest level.
    Have a good evening and feel free to keep me updated :))
    Fleur

    ReplyDelete