Friday, February 25, 2011

BioSignature Modulation

I have recently discovered BioSignature Modulation and I have bitten the bullet (and saved up the necessary cash) and booked myself in for a consultation with Kat Eden.


BioSignature  was developed by world-renowned strength coach Charles Poliquin after noticing trends and correlations while working with athletes for nearly 30 years. BioSignature is a system based on scientific evidence that where people store their body fat is an indication of their hormonal profile.


I have been working shift work for 17 years now and even though I have kept moderately active the entire time (It has been a massive challenge working 12 hour shifts which includes night shifts). I have noticed gains in body fat in some areas and not others. Even when eating well and exercising I have a "jelly belly" that simply won't go away. According to BioSignature  this could be related to shift work, stress levels and bad sleeping habits. Sounds about right to me!


And of course those of you who REALLY know me, will know that I am the ultimate Stress Monkey! I don't sleep well, I haven't had a good nights sleep in about 20 years!


I have followed a sensible eating plan, no sugar, loads of fresh veggies, more protein etc... I've also followed intense and not so intense training regimes, I've seen personal trainers, (as I have said, I've been relatively active my entire life), I've seen dieticians, naturopaths and I've even done the 12 week Challenge. I lost about 8 kg but still had the belly fat. At the completion of the 12 Week Challenge I was physically and mentally exhausted, not to mention HUNGRY! But damn I LOOKED great! Looking into BioSignature  it says that Cortisol might be my problem.....


For example, the thickness of a person’s umbilical skin fold is a direct reflection of cortisol (the stress hormone) output. A midsection that is fat relative to the rest of the body (again, just think of those people you know with skinny arms and legs and pot bellies) is a sure fire indicator of stress. The bad news is that if stress is left unchecked your body shape will be the last thing on your mind – stress is a killer. The good news is that once a problem is identified, we can always do something about it. 


I am excited to find out my results, and a little apprehensive, what happens next? Do I give up my job? Heaven forbid! I love my job (most of the time) but I know it might probably kill me in the long run. I am all about work/life balance and I know that some changes will be necessary.


 :(





So after my first consultation, I discovered that I have elevated levels of Cortisol (surprise surprise) Estrogen and Insulin. Now that I have some results, I have a plan to improve those results. 

I will post the changes I need to make in my next Blog.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment