Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tough Mudder 2012




OMG! I cannot believe it's almost April and I haven't posted in ages! Well, here's my news!

I am taking part in Tough Mudder (Melbourne) on Saturday, four days from now. I managed to blackmail, beg, brainwash ....... some guys I work with to join my "Team"! TOUGH MUDDY VIRGINS! We were a team of seven, now six, as one guy had to go Overseas for work!

Our first training session was "interesting". I took the guys through a Bootcamp style workout followed by a jog of the Tan, they were keen but made every excuse under the sun for future sessions, so I left them to take care of there own training! Did I push too hard? Probably!

Me? I took part in an introductory Crossfit session, and fell in love with this way of training. I am easily bored and Crossfit gives me a bunch of variety. I've been wanting to learn more about power lifting etc for ages!

As for my running? A disaster. My knees hurt so much. I attempted the C25K for about 4 weeks and found my knees were not recovering in time for my next session. So walking was the way to go for me.

So how will I survive Tough Mudder? I might not. But, you know what, I'll be happy to say:

 I've had a go, I did my best, I had some fun...... and see where I end up at the end of the day.

Wish me (and my team) lots of luck
:)

Oh and if anyone wants to come to Phillip Island on Saturday to support the TOUGH MUDDY VIRGINS, spectators can sign up online for $15 or $40 on the day. Bands, food and drinks available!

More info available here:

http://toughmudder.com.au/events/melbourne/

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?
    David

    ReplyDelete