Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sandbag Workouts

I've recently discovered Sandbag workouts. To be honest, these workouts are the kind of thing I was doing when still living with my parents. I was busily lugging around bags of chaff and hay bales (my folks own a horse farm) and damn, let me tell you, that is a great workout all on its own. Sandbags are a similar concept......... They have a very uneven distribution of weight.....

My nearest beach is Port Melbourne, but I plan to head down to Sandringham/Black Rock where the sand is a tad cleaner than Port Melbourne/St Kilda. I will take a sieve and get me some sand, package it up in some plastic zip lock bags (double bagged of course) duck/duct tape the bags and use them in a bag bought from Aussie Disposals. That's the plan at least!

I'll use these bags for my workouts, a combination of stair running (I live in a rather tall apartment building, I plan to use the emergency stairwell) , squats, lunges etc......

I'll let you know how it all goes!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment