Saturday, September 11, 2010

Learning To Improvise When Injured


There is nothing worse that injury to put a spanner in the works of your workout regime. I've been suffering with a dodgy wrist for months now, so I have had to learn to improvise quite a few exercises.

I broke my wrist quite severely when I was a teen and I've had problems with it off and on over the years. Sadly, my job means I am on a computer and joystick much of my 12 hour shift. I have re-learned how to use a mouse with my left hand, but after a 12 hour shift, my wrist still feels so achy and sore, it's frustrating!

Push Ups are absolute agony at times. Putting my wrist in the Push Up position and then putting weight on it really HURTS. I had to buy Push Up handles. But they do the trick.

Basically anything that involves bending my wrist is agonising. Any other exercise seems fine! Kettlebells, weights etc are fine, thankfully. But, damn I miss doing real Push Ups :(

Eventually I will get around to having my wrist looked at, meanwhile I will persevere!

No comments:

Post a Comment