Friday, August 27, 2010

Taking Time Out For Me!




How often do any of us enjoy complete time out for ourselves? I mean, with jobs, career, family, friends, where do we find the time for those little moments that help us to rejuvenate or relax?

I shouldn't talk, I've had plenty of time off recently when I was ill. But what I really needed was sunshine and a chance to really relax. Maybe a couple of cocktails, work on my tan....

Luxury means many things to many people. What does it mean to me? A relaxing massage. Sun, sand, surf. Being able to sleep in without the guilt. Eating my favourite meal (Seafood, Japanese, Mexican, depending on my mood that day) Catching a movie (with popcorn) Enjoying a bottle of wine. Great company, I could go on and on .......

I haven't had a real, relaxing vacation for almost 2 years! To be honest, every winter, all I want to do is run away to the tropics for a few days to rejuvenate. Sadly, finances make it next to impossible to do that.

But, we have booked ourselves a holiday at the end of the year. The weather should have improved by then, I will be by the beach and with my loved one! Some nice, relaxing lunches, dinners out, catching up with friends, sun, sand, no surf though! Sadly, Hawaii (see pic) is currently out of our price range, but I would LOVE to get back there some day!

The countdown has begun! But the question is...... can I wait that long?

No comments:

Post a Comment